1. Check that your organisation meets our criteria on the Who We Give To page and review the case studies on the Recent Recipients page to get a better idea of the sort of charities we support.
2. We operate a two stage application process to save grant seekers time and energy – our application form is purposely not available on our website. Please firstly email email@example.com or telephone 01943 605372 and tell our Trust Manager, Carla Marshall a little bit about your organisation, your work, where you are based and your current financial situation.
3. The Trust Manager may ask you a couple of simple questions and then she will tell you right away if she thinks the trustees will consider an application from your organisation.
3. If you are a new applicant to the Sir George Martin Trust, the Trust Manager will then organise an in-person visit, Zoom meeting or telephone call and email you our application form which can be completed and returned after the talk with her. She will give you guidance on the deadline for returning the application.
4. If you are a repeat applicant to the Trust, the Trust Manager will either send you the application form right away or she may wish to first visit or have a chat to discuss how things are going at your organisation.
4. The Sir George Martin Trust is a participant of the new Yorkshire Common Application Form initiative (YCAF) which aims to make the application process for grant seekers easier and faster by many local funders asking exactly the same questions in the same format on their application form. The other YCAF participants can be reviewed at https://www.yorkshirefunders.org.uk/ycaf/
5. The Sir George Martin Trust currently aims to give grants to around 50% of every enquiry that it receives.